Some Cutting-edge Systems To Keep Your School Running This Pandemic Period
The emergence of covid-19 earlier this year resulted in the closure of schools all over the world, giving an estimate of over 1.2 billion children out of their classrooms. Learning as a result of this has changed drastically, with the rise in e-learning through online school management platforms- where teaching, learning, and school administration are taking place. Even before covid-19, “the global investment into education technology reached a total of $18.66 billion as of 2019, and the market for online education is projected to reach $350 billion by the year 2025 (Market Business Insider).”
Even though countries like Japan, China, Taiwan, and Denmark are opening their schools, schools in Nigeria are still on lockdown, leaving these online school management platforms as the only medium for students to learn remotely. In response to their demand, there has been a rise in many online school management platforms with e-learning integrated features. Some provide services for schools alone, while we have those that cater to home and schools’ services. Here are some of those platforms that are available out there for your use.
1. Edves – www.edves.net
Edves is a full-featured school management software that caters to all your school’s needs. With over 530 schools from Nigeria, Ghana, and sub-Saharan Africa onboard their platform.
- The ability to create a customized management system to match schools’ templates and curriculum.
- Manage the school’s administration like a student, staff, health, transport, hostel, event, and attendance.
- Integrated payment system
- Tracking of expenses
- Maintenance of payroll
- E-learning features – video sharing, homework, CBT (quiz, tests, and exams), and electronic notes.
- Price range is between #500 – #1,000
- Model – Per student termly and yearly.
- Annual payment attracts discounts.
- Rosebud College, Ibadan
- Atlantic Hall Epe, Lagos
- Totsland School, Abuja
- Temple SchoolIlupeju, Lagos
- Grace School, Gbagada, Lagos
2. SAFSMS – www.safsms.com
SAFSMS is a school management software by FlexiSAF, an EdTech company that provides several solutions for schools to enhance their processes through technology.
- Grading and Assessments
- Accounts and Finances
- Parents can monitor their payments and keep track of outstanding payments via the web and mobile application.
- Parents get their kid’s results sent to them directly through email.
- Integration of E-learning tools like Google classroom.
- They offer consultant services on the best tools to install for this E-learning.
- They train members of staff on how to operate and provide consistent support.
- Keep young ones learning through their YouTube channel “Jangu Kids”, for those in Grade 1-5.
- Royal College, Masaka
- Grand Royal School, Abuja
- Bristol Academy, Karu
3. Prodigy – www.prodigy.com.ng
Prodigy is there to help you – academic, administration, communication, and finance. They have a virtual class that supports a wide range of curriculum and pupils with special needs.
- Send Quick Link for fast access to Result and Transcript via SMS/Email
- Support for different curriculum types and grading systems (Montessori and Special needs inclusive).
- Flexible academic reporting
- Virtual Class for remote learning
- Schedule and host virtual meetings. (PTA meeting, management meeting, virtual assembly).
- Fee management and tracking
- Notify Parent/Guardian via SMS on schools bus pickup and drop-off
- Weekly activity report to parent/guardian on child wellbeing
- Online Examination
- Coming soon, billing is done by storage space
- Model: Per school and student, monthly, termly, and yearly.
4. Educare – www.educare.school
Educare School Management system is designed by Educare Ng as a simple and affordable school management system. A school management system created to make life easy for the entire school populace, including the school owners, school administrators, teachers, accountants, parents, and students.
- Finance/account management
- Admission Management
- Human Resources management
- CBT Assessment
- Attendance monitoring
- Lesson planner
- Management of both staff and student database.
- E-learning features; High-definition video conferencing, advanced interactive whiteboard, class group chat, and lots more.
- Free package for less than 14 students.
- Educare premium #16.67/per day/active student
- Bereton Montessori, Port Harcourt
- Greenoak International School, Port Harcourt
- Charles Dale Memorial International School, Port Harcourt`
5. BrainFriend & eSKOOL – www.brainfriendonline.com
BrainFriend is an e-learning platform created by Cinfores – an EdTech company, which can be accessed for free or through a paid subscription. BrainFriend comes in three (3) main versions: Home, Enterprise & TeacherApp Versions.
- Online & offline learning from the comfort of your homes.
- Over 70,000 questions, answers, explanations, 2000 educational videos, and 100 e-books covering over 60 subjects from Primary 1 – SSS 3.
- Educational Games (EduGames) like Brainy pilot and Woblox.
- It can be used to teach and test multiple pupils/students.
- Teachers can add more books, videos, questions, and animated lessons to improve content.
- Teacher privilege to post assignments and engage with students.
- Subscription fee ranges from #500 – #5,000.
- Enterprise version for school – #30,000 – #50,000.
- Brainfriend e-learning tablet – #40,000.
Another package from Cinfores is eSKOOL, a cloud-based school management program that can,
- Manage online applications
- Manage student’s admission
- Operate integrated online payment
- Manage teacher’s subject allocation
- Automatic result handling
- Generation of results.
- The Set-up fee of #300,000
- Portal access fee #1,000 – #1,700
- Model – Per student termly.
- Hallel College
- Redeemer’s International School (RIS), Abuloma
- Chokhmah, Igwuruta
- Brookstone, Igwuruta
6. Nersapp – www.nersapp.com
Nersapp is a multipurpose school software developed by Nanosoft Technology to simplify and reduce the workload of educators. It is designed to cut costs, enhance and automate the systems and processes of the school.
- Academic manager
- Portal access for students, teachers, and parents
- Integrated online payment
- Admission and enrollment
- Computer-Based Tests
- Finance/account manager
- Transport, Hostel, and Library manager
- Messaging system
- Relatively cheap and affordable
- Nobles International School in Uyo, Akwa Ibom
- State Beautiful Gate International School, Akwa Ibom
- IQ Plus School in Surulere, Lagos
7. Supernovacreations (SNC) – http://supernovacreations.vip
As a company that understood the importance of the internet and how to impact knowledge with it during this pandemic period, SNC created a distance learning website for schools.
- Access to multiple international languages, you
- You learn at your own pace
- Online tests and exams
- Sign language training for kids with special needs
- Live sessions
- Free ICT training
- International languages
- For the parents’ homeschool: One child is #10,000 for a year, and more than one child is #8,000 per child for a year
- For school: #50,000 to build it and own it, with a yearly renewal fee of #15,000.
- Creative Children School, Lagos
- Life Gate Academy
- Alden Schools
- BethZath Academy
8. BlueBic – www.bluebic.com
BlueBic is a cloud-based school management software system that is designed to help run a Nursery, Primary, or Secondary school in a system that is simple and reliable.
- Attendance management
- Grading and assessment
- Management of students and staff
- Finance and account management
- Message board, SMS and email
- Students and parents have access to process and report cards.
- Integrated online payment and tracking of fees by parents
- Parents are involved in their kids’ learning as they can track their academic progress.
- Green Park Academy
- Greenland Hall School
- Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ogbomosho
9. Skooleeo – www.skooleeo.com
Skooleeo classroom is a virtual experience of what we have in a real-life classroom. With Skooleeo, a teacher or student can do what they do in a real classroom in the Skooleeo classroom online.
- Teachers can communicate with students.
- Assignments can be created and submitted on the platform.
- There is virtual teaching where students and teachers can see themselves.
- The teacher can view and mark active students.
- Students have interactive dashboards and one-to-one discussion Boards.
- Teachers can create study Notes.
- Price ranges between #500 – #2000
- Plans – Basic, standard, premium, and Enterprise.
- Model – Per student termly
EduKre8 is an EduTech custom suit web and App for an educational support system. It was developed by Brimach Consult for schools that want to replicate the physical school online. Likewise, EduKre8 platform performs the basic duty of a school. Rather than having a physical class,
- A pre-recorded class session held by teachers can be uploaded for later use by students.
- It also supports a well-structured interactive section for teachers and students.
- Quick assignment and test set online and submitted thereafter to a designated teacher.
- They also train teachers on how to carry out online class content production.
- Manage feedback from parents.
- An interactive section with students to measure individual child academic performance.
- To subscribe – 350k – 650k depending on the size of the school; small, average, and large size.
- To renew – 100k – 275k depending on the size of the school; small, average, and large size.
- Knowledge Island
- Mayor Academy
- Continental Group of School
11. Schoolcube – www.schoolscube.net
Schoolcube information management system is a program that is designed by Revocube Technologies to help schools solve the problem of parent-student-teacher interaction, optimize their resources, and improve security and stability.
- Inbuilt email & SMS notification
- Attendance maintenance
- Online grade books
- Parental access to students’ academic progress
- E-learning platform
- Finance/account record keeping
- Test scoring
- Price – #2,500
- Model – Per student termly
- Jesuit Memorial College
- Christ College
- Graceland Schools
12. SchoolsFocus – www.schoolsfocus.net
SchoolsFocus is an educational software service from GlobalFocus InfoTech Solutions designed to simplify the adoption of technology and digital culture for schools.
- E-classroom and E-learning system
- Computer-Based tests and exams
- Online payment and tracking
- Management of schools’ accounts and finance
- Management of online admission
- Students and Employees Electronic Attendance Management
- Biometric-based Employees Attendance System
- Bulk SMS and email
- Android/iOS mobile apps
- Price ranges between #350 – #2,000
- Plans – Basic, standard, advanced, and premium.
- Model – Per student termly/yearly.
13. Edulogic – www.edulogictech.com
Edulogic is a complete school management software and system designed by Edulogic LLC to manage a schools’ day to day activities and administration.
Integrated payment system
The subscription fee is #150
Model – Per student termly
14. Edureck – www.edureck.com
Edureck School Management System is a complete and cost-effective school management solution developed by REIMNET LIMITED in Partnership with e-Technologies. A cloud-based software developed with the purpose of school management, and it supports schools with multiple campuses.
- Management of staff and students.
- Management of schools’ account
- Integration of online payment
- Bulk SMS integration
- Assessment of students’ grades by parents.
- Parents can send messages to teachers and school heads.
- Parents can see the bus route
- All these can be integrated into both old and new websites.
- The subscription fee is #600
- Model – Per student monthly.
- Brighter Stars Montessori Academy
- Tiggy Winklers School
15. Myschoolcloud – www.myschoolcloud.schoolcloudnet.com
Myschoolcloud is a complete online school management software developed by Mchardey Concepts. The software is designed to automate the daily activities of a school, bring parents, teachers, school administrators, and students under one online community.
- Free responsive website and professional school email addresses
- Integrated online payment
- Easy budgeting and allocation of funds
- Supports up to 73 languages, avoiding problems if you have students with different nationalities.
- Online tests and exams
- Management staff’s salary and payslips
- Inventory dashboard that allows you to keep track of facilities and equipment in schools.
- Price ranges between $35 – $500
- Model – per school monthly, annually, quarterly, and bi-annually.
- Plans – Basic or Pro.
- Treasure Stars, Lagos
- Zillionaire’s League, Accra
- I-Tree International Preparatory School, Ilorin
The list is in no particular order. Also, be informed that all the information given above are provided to us by the owners of these platforms, we advise that you reach out to them or any school they have worked with for validation.