5 Top Reasons You Should Market Your School All Year-Round
School marketing is one of those things that most school owners often neglect. They assume that being a school, their students/pupils with uniforms earns them a free marketing advantage. Most schools fail to realize that they are a business – the only thing that separates you from other kinds of companies is the service they provide. This means your school also needs marketing. In today’s blog, you can find out exactly why all-year-round marketing is crucial for your school.
1. Keeps your school’s reputation Intact. Over time, schools change and evolve, but the public’s perceptions of private schools rarely keep up. It takes years to shape and define your school’s brand and reputation, so keeping it clear and consistent over time is important.
2. Ensures brand recognition and keeps your school front and center. You never know when a parent will think about schools for their child. They don’t understand the private school admissions process (and schedule), so parents must find your school when they are ready to explore options for their child.
3. Distinguishes your school vs. others. Consistent marketing ensures that your school is positioned as the obvious choice and insulated from competitors when parents are ready to look at schools.
4. Solidifies your Target Audience. As your school evolves or enrollment targets shift, you’ll need to target different audiences. Sometimes it’s a slight shift (more full-pay-plus families or more students of special needs), and other times you might look at a completely new customer base (a new target neighborhood, enrolling a new special program). Either way, your school must constantly evaluate your target audiences and adjust your marketing strategy accordingly.
5. Progressive Marketing = More Options and a Complete Marketing Funnel. To ensure your school’s sustainability, you need to have high demand and more interest than the students you can enroll. If you’re actively marketing, you’ll have the option to have a more discerning admissions process and a truly full wait pool.